Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What can i do to change my dog's behavior?

Every time my dog ( a Japanese Spitz) sees a another dog, he always get angry. He becomes aggressive when he see his enemy! A while ago when i carried him to prevent attacking the other dog, he struggles and bit me(only a scratch but its not bleeding ! I think that he was traumatized back then when he was bitten by another dog! My dog only choose his enemies that he does not want! how can i change his behavior! Also my dog when getting tired, he doesn't mind other dog because hes tired!



P.S: i was thinking that i should bring my dog to a trainer! is that ok?What can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
The only way you will change your dog's behaviour is by taking it to a trainer - so yes, taking it to a trainer is okay.What can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
Yes, you should take him to a trainer. He could have been traumatized by another dog. I have a german sheperd/husky mix, and she got loose and got into a fight with the pitbull up the street and ever since then, she growls and snaps at anyone who touched her hind quarters, or just rests there hand on her hand or any place. I have trained her to not be so agressive, but she still is a little, she doesn't bite anymore.



Or you could call the Dog Whisperer. He's done a lot of cases like that.



Good luck! :DWhat can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
You should absolutely take him to a dog trainer. Dog's feed off of your behavior, so when you picked him up, you were showing him that you anticipated trouble. It's like holding back a guy in a fight- they just get angrier. I would take him on walks, always on a leash, and if you see another dog coming, make him sit and wait calmly. Remember, you need to stay calm too. And above all- go get some dog training. I know it can be expensive, but it's so worth it when you can see your dog playing and happy with another dog.What can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
Yes I think you definately need proffessional help.



But in the mean-time I would recommend muzzling your dog, as you wouldnt want to be sued if your dog attacked another dog. I know its not very nice, but if you cannot contorl your dog, then you could end up with a criminal record for having a dangerous dog.What can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
If his problems go away when he's tired then it's training issues combined with lack of exercise.



Increase his exercise and sign up for a training class.What can i do to change my dog%26039;s behavior?
Try working on socializing your dog. You can read about it here http://helpwithpettraining.com/socializi
  • drawing a circle
  • livejournal not working
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment