Thursday, September 22, 2011

My inside/outside cat is growling at us and doesn't come home anymore. Any ideas on how 2 change her behavior?

We found her as a stray kitten, and she has always been an indoor/outdoor cat. She just recently stopped coming home for her meals, and warm bed, like she has been for the past year. A neighbor has seen her a few times, and says she growls at her cats now when they eat. She never had done this before. I've walked around the neighborhood twice this week looking for her, and I have yet to see her. But today, my husband saw her and attempted to bring her inside. She growled and then ran away from him. Nothing has changed in our household, besides her not coming home. Is there a reason she could be acting this way? Is this a sign of sickness or just her attitude? She has always been one to do things on her own terms. I know this is one of the risks that I take, letting her roam outside. However, she's very unhappy if she's inside for too long. She tends to get angry and pick on my other cats that are indoor only. Any suggestions on why she may behaving this way is appreciated. Also, any suggestions on changing her behavior is welcomed! BTW... my husband said she doesn't look the same physically, like she's unhealthy and stressed.My inside/outside cat is growling at us and doesn%26039;t come home anymore. Any ideas on how 2 change her behavior?
Is she by any chance spayed? If not, that could be the reason for her wanting to wander off. Female cats that are not spayed are very territorial. She could be trying to assert her dominance over your other cats as well as your neighbor's. Getting her spayed will help her calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment