Thursday, September 22, 2011

How can I correct my dog's sudden negative change in behavior?

When left to roam the house while we are gone, he suddenly started chewing things (he is 2 1/2 years old). When left in his kennel, he urinates when we leave the house.



He hasn't behaved this way for well over a year (as far as chewing...he's never been one to urinate in the house--since house training), and I don't know of any change in his routine.



While we are home, he's fine. If we are away, he's not. What can we do?How can I correct my dog%26039;s sudden negative change in behavior?
It seems like your dog might have separation anxiety.How can I correct my dog%26039;s sudden negative change in behavior?
Urinating in his kennel would indicate a serious problem.

Check for bladder infection first. If that's not it, then I'd suggest

there are either serious problems with your training or the amount of exercise that this dog is getting.

The long walk isn't just for exercise, it's also for stimulation of the brain, the nose, etc. A bored dog will start going stir crazy... and I mean unbalanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment