Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm not sure how to react to this change in behavior...?

My live-in boyfriend of over two years is starting to exhibit behavior very uncharacteristic of him, yet also similar to some problems we encountered in the beginning of our relationship and I%26039;m not sure what it means and I feel I%26039;ve tried every way I can think of to deal with it so I%26039;m hoping someone will have some new advice...



One example is that he will go on and on about how in love with me he is and how he%26039;d never want to be with anyone else and he cannot wait to get back from the short meeting he has or dinner with his friends to see me... one thing leads to another and he is gone all night. Not only that but he will typically be gone the entire next day. I%26039;m not saying that he doesn%26039;t go home at some point, but it%26039;s when I%26039;m at work or school so I don%26039;t see him for atleast 12 + hours. This is very shady behavior. When I confront him about it he usually says things like, well you should trust me by now we%26039;ve been together for so long so if I stay out too late one night it shouldn%26039;t be such a big deal. Or he%26039;ll go with something like, I know I should%26039;ve just let you know (just ending the conversation quickly so we can move on). or even something like %26quot;I%26039;m sorry I missed your calls all day but I was busy with errands!%26quot; The errands are never specific and once he actually told me he was driving around a mentally challenged person to help out a friend.. This is only strange because the friend had never been mentioned before this day. He%26039;ll also use excuses that he has to leave and be gone for a while and I can%26039;t know why because it has to do with a present I%26039;m getting for the next holliday. The strange thing here is that my presents never seem like they needed him to be gone an entire day... for example, a get-a-way to a hotel.. you can sign up for that online. Sometimes he%26039;ll say the first thing fell through... whatever. I%26039;ve acted hurt by this, I%26039;ve acted like I don%26039;t care, I%26039;ve gone out myself (although I have only really done this once and I answered all of his calls... oh yes, and he showed up at the place)... nothing works.



Next, he keeps complaining that all I ever do is nag and complain and when I state that I only do so whenever he hasn%26039;t treated me fairly he gets irrationally irritated at me. He is very good at turning things on me and making me feel like I%26039;m the one in the wrong. I%26039;m not sure if this behavior could be due to some type of problem like drugs or alcohol? (I%26039;m very naive when it comes to this so I probably wouldn%26039;t catch it) or maybe is he just freaking out because we%26039;ve been together so long and he%26039;s only 23? If it%26039;s the latter I%26039;ve also brought that up before... He assures me I%26039;m ridiculous and I%26039;m the love of his life.



Furthermore he has a very very bad temper and has gotten worse lately, but it seems like he has mood swings... he%26039;ll be very affectionate, then we%26039;ll get into a huge argument over something small and I%26039;ll be in tears and then like 15minutes later he%26039;s very apologetic and sorry he yelled... it%26039;s like he%26039;s two different people.



I%26039;m not the kind of girl who just sits there and puts up with things like this, I%26039;m stubborn and it%26039;s not like I let him walk all over me... I still love him and he swears he%26039;s in love with me, but what is the right way about dealing with this behavior?! We have opposite ways of thinking... I am mostly based off of feelings and he only responds to facts, which he seems to twist quite well to support his case as if he were a lawyer...



PLEASE GIVE ADVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY!!I%26039;m not sure how to react to this change in behavior...?
Tell him it needs to stop or he is gone outta your life. My bf of 3 years started acting like this during the last year and I gave him so many chances, he never changed. Although what I experienced seemed like cheating he actually wasn%26039;t. He was just hanging out with friends, smoking pot, and drinking and felt the need to lie about it. So your bf may be cheating but he also might not. It%26039;s been 2 years since I left my ex and I%26039;m with a new wonderful guy. My ex wants me back still and says he isn%26039;t the liar he used to be. Little does he know I guessed his EASY password to his email account and found out he lied about tickets, his job, and his car getting impounded. Dumb things to lie about but it%26039;s still lying. I%26039;m glad I didn%26039;t take him back. Trust me you deserve better. Have a friend follow him while you are at work. Or take a day off and don%26039;t tell him and see where he goes. It may hurt a lot or it may hurt a little but you should know exactly what is so important to him that it has to effect and hurt your feelings and relationship with him.I%26039;m not sure how to react to this change in behavior...?
trust your instincts there usually never wrong, i could tell you this behavior sounds typical of a cheater but no one knows him better than you. i hope things work out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment