Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?

I have two cats, both male neutered. One of them likes to pee in the tub and just recently decided to pee in the bathroom sink when the tub door was closed. Their litter box is fresh and clean and we have tried a couple of different types of litter and have actually moved (so new tub) nd the cat has repeated the same behavior.

Although I am thankful he pees in a tub not on the carpet, I am wondering what might be causing the behavior and how I might go about changing it.

Please do not respond with scolding or locking the cat outside as I don't believe in that either of those methods are effective.Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
Many times it can be the cats way of telling you that he is having a urination problem. I suggest having your cat tested by a vet for crystals which can be very painful for the animal and they will often go in a place you will notice as a form of requesting help.Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
I had a cat that did the same thing. I noticed a little blood in her urine. I took her to the vet and she had a urinary tract infection. The vet gave her an antibiotic which cleared it up. She then started using her litter box again.Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
Well I guess it is better for him pee there then on the rouge, but I see what you are say, because my rabbit pees all over the rouge so... I guess you could the vet and see why he is doing that because I have no idea!!!Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
Try spraying the cat lightly with water when you catch it doing something that is isn't supposed to be doing. It will learn eventually.Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
I had the same problem with my male cat. I'm not sure why he does it, I thought it might be because I had to quarintine him in the bathroom before introducing him to my other cats. While I had him in the bathroom his litterbox was in the bathtub. Recently he starting going in the tub with a clean litter box and he has also gone in the sink. The only thing that I have found to work is keeping the litter clean and just closing the bathroom door. Now he doesn't do it anymore. Sorry I have no other suggestions, let me know if you find out something..Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
If you have patience you might try placing an extra litter box in the tub when you're not using it for a period of a couple of weeks, to gradually encourage him to go in the litter. It's a good idea to keep the tub itself clean with bleach and deodorizer so he can't sniff where he's been. If that doesn't work, I think I would just accept his behavior as an inconvenience and learn to live with it.



I'm so glad you don't believe in punishing the cat for this, or putting him outside. Cats are complicated creatures and have their own emotional problems sometimes, but in the end they're worth the trouble. We have to be very careful dealing with litter box problems, because sometimes punishment, scolding and that kind of thing can make the cat neurotic and the problem worse.Why does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
normally my cat peed in the bath tub when it couldnt find the litter tray so they don't make you upset by doing it on the carpet (so cute!! :D ) u could try telling them off just use an upset tone and they might see it is wrong to do it and then put them outside you don't have to lock them outside if they want to come in let them just make sure they see it is wrong to pee in the bath tub and right to pee outside ... hope it works good luckWhy does my cat pee in the tub and how can I change his behavior?
put the kitty litter box where the cats are peeing for a few days (of course removing them to shower). You can get the spill proof kind to prevent messes.



-Nicole
  • How to knit a quilt
  • solar dermatitis
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment