Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How can I change my behavior patterns(details below)?

Hi. I was raised sheltered and religious and now because of that I grew up afraid of a lot of things. I am easily intimidated by stronger or more domineering men, I have trouble saying no to people and feel guilty for it even though in my mind I don't want to be that way. When I was a kid, I was made fun of a lot and picked on causing me to have insecurities. What do you think I should do?How can I change my behavior patterns(details below)?
The first thing you have to do is learn to love and value yourself. When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror,smile at your reflection and tell yourself, hey you are really beautiful/handsome. Tell yourself how nice your hair is/your eyes etc. Remember that you are unique. You are very special and have a lot to give. Then plan to do just 1 good deed for that day. Perhaps help someone cross the road, give directions, or even just saying hello to a stranger. Don't worry if they don't respond. It is about you gaining confidence in yourself. Take one step at a time. Day by day you will get stronger. I hope you will even start this Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment