Wednesday, November 24, 2010

People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting "like a Christian" for 1 day change your behavior?

I realize that scoffers will flame this question...



Lets try to fight through it anyway.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
To actually %26quot;act like a Christian%26quot; would require LOTS of repentance from those who makes CLAIMS to being a Christian. things like lust, worldly entertainments, love of the world and worldiness, hate, pride, gossip, etc. - all those things would need to be discarded.



Trying to %26quot;act like a [Christlike] Christian%26quot; would show each and every one of us JUST HOW MUCH WE NEED THE GRACE OF GOD !People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
Only Christ(if he existed) could act like a Christian. For the rest it's impossible according to the creed.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
I would have to abandon science and deductive reasoning for dogma and baseless religious claims.



That would be a stretch.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
How do you define %26quot;acting like a christian%26quot;?

Lots of christians, some act good, others not so much.

Please be more specific.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
Intentionally acting like a Christian would mean to be hypocritical, ignorant, and rude. To act like Christ is a whole different story...People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
When I was a Christian, I'd pray on rising, before meals and on going to bed. On the way to college, I'd attend Mass at 6am on weekdays, and of course attend Mass every Sunday. And confession once a week.



I was happy and loved everyone. I'm still happy and love everyone, but I don't do what I described in the last paragraph.



Unfortunately, with all of the recent publicity, I'd have to say that acting like a Christian for 1 day would change my behaviour radically. I'd have to hate my fellow humans by persecuting gays and trying to deny them rights that would help make them happy.



I understand the adage %26quot;hate the sin but love the sinner%26quot;. I thought I understood what it meant when I was a Christian; I now realise that it is doublespeak for hating your fellow humans.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
I try to act like I feel people should act. Period, regardless of faith.



Iwould never again act like a fundie, it is too harmful on far too many levels for far to many people. I did that for far too long.People, Christians included, how might intentionally acting %26quot;like a Christian%26quot; for 1 day change your behavior?
There would be a lot of repenting amongst Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment