Thursday, November 18, 2010

How will my cat's behavior change after he gets neutered?

Oliver is getting neutered tomorrow. he is 8 months right now and he's super lazy and he never wants to play anymore :( . how will he change after the operation?How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
I don't remember any change in my cats behavior after he got neutered. He was just a little sleepy the day after, but other than that he was the same.How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
he won't be able to father kittens.How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
His meows will be two octaves higher.How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
Well apparently they calm down after the operation and aren't very excitable :S. If his laziness continues maybe go see the vets and see what they suggest.How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
I would have the vet check Oliver over and maybe do some bloodwork (recommended before neutering anyway). An 8 month old kitten shouldn't be really lazy and never want to play. There could be some medical explanation for his lack of energy.



As for neutering, there won't be much difference in his normal personality. He'll still be the same cat only he won't be dealing with sexual frustration that can cause aggressive behavior, territorial issues, and trying to escape to find mates. He won't be as likely to spray mark territory. Make sure you tell the vet about Oliver's change in behavior before he does the surgery. If Oliver isn't healthy, he doesn't need to have it done till he gets better.How will my cat%26039;s behavior change after he gets neutered?
I've heard that cat's calm down after their neutered/spayed, but for ME my cat's behavior didn't change at all... he's still the crazy little kitten he's been his whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment