Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?

We have two wonderfull, beautiful cats that allow us to be in their prescence. We love them like you wouldn't believe. I would probably have to say they are spoiled with love and affection. We have a female (age 4) and a male (age 7). They both seem very happy and healthy. They have nice temperment and seem to get along well with everyone.



The male loves to wake my wife and I up at the crack of dawn. So in the longest days of the year this is REALLY early. We tried locking the cats out of the bedroom, but the cats did not like this and neither did we.



Why does our male cat do this? He is not waking us up to be fed. If we go downstairs to feed him he often does not eat right then. He's not a big eater. Any ideas as to why he does this?



And... is there a way to get him to stop doing this?Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
My 16 year old has a female cat who does the same thing. Tinkerbell who is 3years old is very spoiled and comes into my bedroom after so goes to school and rubs all over my face and try's to get me to get up. I have tried to feed her also an nope she wont have it. I think your cats are spoiled like Tinkerbell and they demand your attention no matter what time it is. They want you to get up and pat them. When I sit on the bed and pat Tinkerbell she is satisfied. but dont try to lock them out of your room cause if your cat is like Tinkerbell then she will just howel at the door or run and head butt the door till she gets it open. she really does then she is twice as demanding on attention. they say people dont own cats they own you..good luck. and dont worry your cat is fine just spoiled and wants attention when IT wants attention..Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
He probably is just wanting to play because cats sleep during day and are awake at night. Fimly saying %26quot;NO!%26quot; (But please do hit him) everytime he does it may be effective.

Good luck And i hope you get sleep!!!Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
you are very lucky to be adored by such a wonderful animal! my husband and i are also cat lovers. we have the same problem. your cat is on his own time schedule. there may have been a point in time when you or your wife woke up at this early time,(to get ready for work?) maybe he thinks this is the time for his humans to give him undivided attention. possibly he likes the fact that he has you both to himself at that particular time of the day. I have no idea how to change this habit. cats can be very sensitive and locking him out of the room could be very upsetting to him and stress in cats can cause health problems. It sounds like this is something you will probably have to endure as long as you have him!Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
I just roll over and ignore him. And if he's being annoying, I drop him on the floor and he usually finds a pile of clean laundry to go sleep in.Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
I have a 4 year old female who, used to, in the middle of the night, 3am or so, bolt around room to room with a toy hanging out of her mouth. It's playtime, or so she thought. For the longest time my husband and I could not break her of it. It wasn't the sound of nails clawing on the carpet around corners or stopping short that would wake us, it was the bizarre muffled meowing through the toy that woke us. And I swear they know where in the house to meow to make it echo. Anyway, for many a night I would get up to see what the deal is, as soon as she saw me, she dropped the toy and booked off into another room. I gave her some attention, mostly by attempting to pet her as she was hyped up, some loving words, and back to bed I went. After maybe a few weeks of the same thing night after night, she finally settled and now comes to bed with me, lays above my head and purrs, whilst hogging the pillow. It's fine because I'm able to sleep with a purring cat. A little affection goes a long way especially with cats who demand attention when they want it for the most part.Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
He wants attention. Give it to him. You don't have to get out of bed to give him attention, just learn to pet him while you are still in bed.



My cat does this, and I pet him in my sleep. When %26quot;kitty%26quot; comes to me for affection, I just start scratching his ears. I don't even know I'm doing it, but my husband laughs at me because I do it while I'm snoring.Why does my cat do this, and how can I get him to change his behavior?
My male cat did this for a long time until I refused to even wake up and pet him. In fact, I ended up throwing him off the bed at any moment he jumped up. I decided that it was worth hurting his feelings so I could get my full nights rest. He finally learned after about a week of sharp yells and kicks to not meow or jump on the bed until my alarm goes off. After I'm ready to get up I make a point to give him tons of attention, food and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment