Thursday, June 2, 2011

Suggestions on how to change this behavior?

I'm 20 years old and I don't usually say much when I'm around people. I have some really good friends that I talk to.. but they do about 60% of the talking. I'm not really %26quot;shy%26quot;, I just don't really have anything to say.. When I meet new people I don't act timid or anything I simply don't know there interests and therefore don't really know what to talk to them about.

What are some things I could look for in trying to talk more with people...Suggestions on how to change this behavior?
I am the EXACT same way. I used to be really shy, and now I'm not, but I never really learned how to start or carry a conversation. I've found one way for me is to ask someone something that I would like to be asked, something that will open the door for conversation. Sometimes something as simple as %26quot;What did you do this weekend?%26quot; or %26quot;Have you seen that new movie ______?%26quot; can open the door to all kinds of discussion. Try being more clued in to what the other person is saying, and add your opinions or experiences to let them know you're interested in what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment