Thursday, June 2, 2011

Moms and moms to be, did your dog's behavior change when you were pregnant?

Our dog has grown more attached to me. He's always at my side, he even goes into the bathroom with me. If I leave even if it's for a minute to check the mail he gets anxious. Just the other day, we were at the store and on the way back home my boyfriend went to the house by himself to get the dog while I waited in the car and he wouldn't calm down or stop whining until he saw me. Our friend has a younger dog about 3 who has a ton of energy and she likes to jump up on people and whenever she tries to jump on me our dog will get in between us and he doesn't allow it to happen.

My sister's dog was the complete opposite when she was pregnant with her daughter. He didn't want anything to do with her, just ignored her all the time. I don't know if it was a jealousy thing or what, but it was strange how his behavior changed so much once she found out she was pregnant.Moms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
NoMoms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
He's protecting you.

My Collie Maddie is doing the same!!

She wont get nasty with other dogs but she'll warn them off if the get to excited and jump up, she'll also stay right by my feet all day.



She has always been protective of my daughter too, it's a pack thing I'm guessing.Moms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
This means that U and that dog are in tune with each other big time!

The dog also senses chemical changes in your body and will probably love the baby. :)Moms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
no i never had that problem i was pregnant with my twin and gave birth a month ago and my dogs never act weirdMoms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
Different dogs act differently. My friend was pregnant with her second child, and came to my house to visit. I have a shepherd mix, and a mini dachshund. My mini dachshund usually likes to cuddle, but after taking one sniff of her he was very well mannered, and didn't lay all over her or demand cuddlings like he usually does. My shepherd mix simply sat by her side, and laid his head on her lap and touched his nose to her belly very lightly. She thought it was cute, and made the comment that she wanted to take my dachshund home with her and give me her puggle. She said her puggle was a holy terror, and would try and bite at her if she ever came around. He only did this when she was prego. I told her she should probably take him to her husband's parents house while she was prego. if that was the case. She ended up doing that, and the dog is fine with the baby now.

I think dogs act differently to the hormone changes, and the scent pregnant women give off. The relationship the dog has with the woman also can play a part. If the dog is closer to the woman then I believe it will become protective. It is good your dog is behaving in a manner that is attentive, but not aggressive or overbearing, but take heed. If you notice any possessive behavior or aggression; you have to correct it now or your dog will continue to do it.Moms and moms to be, did your dog%26039;s behavior change when you were pregnant?
I was living with my sister in law and brother while she was pregnant and our dogs acted differently around her. They used to treat her just like everyone else and when she got pregnant suddenly my little dog wanted to cuddle up with her when she was laying on the couch and their Great Dane would spend hours following her around the house. Once she had the baby all their attention went to the baby. Now when my niece is getting her diaper changed or is laying on the couch the dogs will flock to her and just watch her....they seem fascinated by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment