Thursday, June 2, 2011

Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?

So whenever something happens between me and my boyfriend that is his 'fault' and I'm the one hurting he always just expects me to get over it. I'm talking about something that really hurts me not something small. He will always apologize and his apology is sincere but then he just expects me to get over it and move on in the same moment that those words are uttered. I feel that maybe hes using 'I'm sorry' as free pass to just get out of whatever consequences there are to his actions. Especially because hes always so quick to say 'I'm sorry' that I'm not even sure that's what he really means and isn't just saying it to brush whatever the issue is under the rug. It makes me feel like he doesn't care that he's hurt me and just wants to avoid any inconvenience for himself. To me saying 'I'm sorry' and then not changing behavior is like trying to put those small band aids over a stab wound. What do I do? How do I make him see from my perspective? Or am I wrong on this?Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
You talk about 'consequences for his actions'. Doesn't sound like he's had any consequences and that's the problem. The only way people learn from mistakes is by dealing with the consequences. As Dr. Phil would say, %26quot;You choose the behavior, you choose the consequences%26quot;....or something like that. Give his sorry a** some consequences. He's got your number, so change it. Literally and figuratively. Stop letting him crap on you. Make yourself unavailabe and don't hesitate to let him know you can't be with him tonite, %26quot;because I don't like your behavior and don't feel like being around it tonite%26quot;. Afraid he'll find someone else if you don't see him for one night? 1 - that's no relationship, and 2- great! Let some other sorry thing put up with his abuse. You are way too fabulous to have someone treating you that way, and if he can't see that, go find someone who can. Good luck, girl!Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
have a talk with him tell him how you feel..and you cant get over things that fast..hopefully he understandsAm I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
Stab him, put some small band aids over the wound and then explain it's similar to the way he acts.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
Well, he has to apologize and mean it for it to have any affect on you. But, you have to be more specific in what he's doing to see if you're overreacting or not. Maybe you complain and nag to him too much, so he doesn't care one way or the other. So, yeah, some specifics in his behavior would help.



Yes, his behavior is pretty rude, but next time he suggests a romantic dinner together, don't rush home and cook. Go over to his place and make HIM do it. If he suggests it, he should be doing it, not you.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
You are so wrong on this, life is to short, get over it and quickly.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
There is a saying, %26quot; It's better to ask for forgiveness then ask for permission.%26quot; He is obvioulsy using this theory.

If he causing you so much trouble say goodbye to him.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
Sounds to me like you have tried to explain this to him already and yet he continues to do it. One thing you should know is that you can't change a person.



There is this saying...if you continue doing what you have always done then you will continue getting what you always got. So, in other words, how you have been dealing with the way he treats you is not working and you need to do something different. Seems to me, explaining to him doesn't work. So why would you want to continue explaining?



Let me ask YOU this...do you think you deserve better treatment than this? If so (and you should think you deserve better), then why do you continue to stay with a %26quot;boyfriend%26quot; that continually mistreats you?



If you stay with him then you will continue getting what you always got...mistreatment until HE decides to change his ways. You either need to accept that he will continue to do this, accept that you will continue to explain possibly on deaf ears or make a decision to not put up with it anymore. The decision is yours.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
I know exactly what you mean. He just don't want to deal with the issue. He should be more sensitive and straighten up if he expects you to stay with him.Am I holding a grudge or is he just trying to get away with bad behavior scotch free?
Your boyfriend is discounting your feelings and minimizing his responsibility for whatever he said or did to hurt your feelings. It's the same as if he said, %26quot;I'm sorry, but I'm not all that sorry.%26quot; This is unlikely to change.



If you consider yourself a good woman and worthy of being treated with respect, then the healthiest option for you is to show your bf the door and go find a man that will treat you right and respect your feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment